09-07-2013, 11:34 PM   #233
avengerboater
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by smckenna View Post
I just accepted delivery of a 550i, and so far I'm very impressed with the ride and the raw power.
Here's my setup:
  • Sport Line
  • Carbon Black
  • Moca Leather
  • Dynamic Handling Package
  • Executive Package
  • Harman Kardon Sound
  • M-Sport Package
  • Heated Front Seats

I was really infuriated that I couldn't purchase the $250 Auto-Dimming headlights option without getting roped into the $1999 L.E.D. headlight package (I didn't want the "bling-bling" look of the L.E.D. headlights).

Anyway, I have a question:
Reading over the user's manual, I see on page 90 there is a feature called "Speed Limit Detection" that is supposed to display a tiny little speed limit sign in the dashboard with the current speed limit detected by a camera that is seeing the speed limit road signs as you pass them, and it is supposed to warn you if you go over the speed limit by a certain amount. This sounded really cool, but I have not figured out how to activate it yet. The option is NOT listed on the "Settings / Info Display" screen in iDrive. Usually BMW indicates "optional" equipment in the User's Manual with an Asterisk (*), but I don't see that for this feature. I also went back into the bmwusa.com website and tried to build a new car, and could not find this feature as a separate option for sale.
Any ideas?
Congrats!!! May we see some pics???
Appreciate 0