06-01-2020, 06:24 AM   #4
Surly73
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535xi 8AT KWv3 MPE MHD xHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadymie View Post
If someone personally had success installing H&R/Eibach sway bars into a xDrive car - please say something. Did you experience any fitment issues?

Is there something at front in xDrive that makes sway bar not compatible, or is it just marketing that they don't advertise compatibility with xDrive?
I've posted this a bunch of times so I'm not sure why people read it as contradictory.

1/ I have installed the full H&R 30mm/20mm kit on my X-Drive. It installed the same as on RWD (some trimming of the undertray necessary for clearance). It fits, it works, I drove it like that for weeks.

2/ For reasons of handling balance, I reverted back to M5 front bar. The H&R 20mm rear has been on the car for years.

3/ I have an M5 front bar on the car, it's been there for years, lots of people confirm fitment. The angles on the bar is not the same as stock and the end links fit a little weird, but works. No end link failure for me yet. When I was doing my coilover installation I observed that in some positions with the M5 front bar installed the end link can make light contact with other suspension components in some cases.

4/ Both H&R and Eibach continue to assert that their bars are NOT FOR X-DRIVE. I don't know why, because they do fit, but maybe they have a good reason for specifically telling everyone not to use them. I wish they'd speak up about what that reason is.

5/ The rear end of the X-Drive is identical to the rear end of the RWD. Both non-M F10 rear ends are different than the F10 M5 rear end and the M5 rear bar cannot be used.
Appreciate 0