View Single Post
      08-18-2022, 06:15 PM   #52
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
I've worked in the IT field for 37 years now...all at the same place. ("IT" wasn't even a coined term when I started.) Helped to build the information dirt road, which later bloomed into the information superhighway. (Before you ask, Al Gore was never in any of our Christmas party group pictures.) I was also the lead/designer for the first at-scale wifi deployment in the world, and had people flying in from as far away as India to see how roaming between floors and buildings worked in real life.

These days, I spend most of my time apologizing for building the Internet that brings us Facebook, Twitter, and all of the other abusive social media bully-pulpit platforms. The rest of my work time is spent on audit trails, access requests, and e-discovery from lawsuits. As I say, my job used to be way more fun before the lawyers and auditors discovered the IT profession!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilabyte View Post
I'm a Nigerian Prince.
I should mention that one of my side "hobbies" at work (and unofficially here on BP) is hunting screwy Nigerian princes, phishing scammers, spammers, and other ilk. I sat on a panel about email spam and stuff at an FTC conference in Washington, DC about 15 years ago, and was ranked in the top 25 globally every month for finding phishing scam site web URLs right before COVID-geddon.....
Dino GT35131.50
M3LISSA784.50
cmyx6go15689.50
Oldgixxer1884.50
3.0L8924.50
Llarry15419.50