08-18-2022, 07:09 PM   #56
M3LISSA
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 COMP/SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littierally View Post
Orthopedic trauma surgeon. Love what I do, but despise the job.

Wouldn't do it again if I knew then what I know now. Healthcare is a mess, corporate greed infiltrating and controlling medicine has ruined my passion.

Currently trying to invest in real estate and prop up my hot rod shop. I hope to be out of medicine in 5 years.
Hence why I left bedside. We both have tons of stories and the amount of unethical care I've seen and heard before and especially through covid, would make anyone sick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3LISSA View Post
I know you!!!! Lol 😂 what's up hun!!!
Indeed Mel! I'm great, enjoying retirement, at least until I figure out what to do next. Definitely a little jelly seeing your travel pics with the family!!
You know me and the boat all summer. We have to make the most of it!!! I'm glad you're enjoying retirement! That's amazing !!!
[QUOTE=rebekahb;29237651]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littierally View Post

My conversation a lot of today has been how the medical field has changed. I have a friend who just called and her Dad had a stroke at the end of July. Both the hospitalist and neuro rehab facility doc agree he would benefit from therapy. The insurance wants to send him to a skilled facility. Denied therapy. He's 61. The hospitalist is doing a peer to peer but told my friend don't get your hopes up. You're smart to find an exit plan. It's just a shame after so many years of education and training that you're ability to practice medicine is ruled by insurances and corporate greed.
Medicine, hospitals, management, corporate big institutions stink… I left a huge one and I've never been happier. The anxiety and stress is gone, along with the backstabbing and being understaffed as a floor nurse, risking my license along with other RN'S.. let's just say it isn't the same, and it won't change.

2011 E90 M3 Competition // Alpine White // ESS // RPI // 20" BBS LM's, blah blah

2021 G80 M3 Competition // Brooklyn Grey // KW Suspension // 12mm Spacers all around // Resonator Delete
Appreciate 3
kscarrol8907.50
Llarry15944.50
540iSUP704.00