View Single Post
      06-01-2018, 07:41 PM   #12
Stück
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 X5, E46 330i, R56 Mini.S

Well today has been decent so far I guess. I went into work this morning to open the shop and get the morning clients squared away, I ended up leaving a bit after 1pm as my back was bothering me too much. Went by the hospital and had them check me out, dress my burn wound, and xray my back.

I had one of the techs get my hood open so I could see what was what. Both engine mount arms shattered, the drivers side inner structure is pressed up against the charge pipe and dented it pretty good. The turbocharger outlet hot side charge pipe is crumpled up from the drivetrain bouncing around.

Entire front end is shifted several inches to the passenger side, and the inner structure on the passenger side is flared outward as well. No doubt its totaled.

Oil line shacked core support, cooling fan bound against A/C lines.

Chargepipe deformation, dents

Hot side chargepipe and my custom turbo inlet crumpled

and my 2nd degree burn on my left side from the seat airbag gas generator, tender as all fooooook. The bad spot there is the size of a soda can end with charred flesh still there that hasn't fallen off yet.

Now for some potentially good news, the other drivers familys insurance company accepted liability and processing my claim on their policy. I hope they don't have basic ass state minimums which would be a maximum of $25k property damage which doesn't come even close to what I want.
Appreciate 0