Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoFire View Post
I've heard that Porsche will be cancelling European Deliveries by the end of the year. Have a friend of a friend who did a GT4 ED last month so they could catch one of the last ones.

They got in because Europe was opened to Canada. It's been recently closed due to uptick in cases.
Looks like Porsche is getting smart.
How is that smart?
The writing has been on the wall for Porsche since last year. COVID only made things worse. They've been canceling ED's all year. All of these manufacturers have to be smarter with their money and ED take rates are such a low percentage. As cool as the ED offerings are, it just doesn't make financial sense in these times.
I would argue it's more then dollars and cents. Brand loyalty is a very real thing and ED creates that loyalty. Shit canning it might seem like a "smart" move at the moment but Covid isn't going to last forever.

I'm about to dump everything BMW over the next year or 2 for obvious reasons. Killing ED was the nail in the coffin. I'm sure I'm the minority buts it's still a dumb move. ED doesn't cost these manufactures that much cash. How much did BMW spend on these lame ass G8x "///M" commercials? A hell of a lot less then their ED program costs them every year.
ED doesn't play a significant role in brand loyalty overall. It is of utmost importance to you and your experience, which I completely understand, but statistically.....monetarily.....it doesn't really matter much.

As for your ED vs. commercial question, I would argue there's a significant logistical difference between the two. ED surely costs more in the long run than a commercial spot.
Ok. What creates brand loyalty then? 6MT?
Appreciate 0