02-28-2017, 07:29 AM   #9
The_M6
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXATC View Post
My first BMW was a CPO'ed 2008 528i. Drove the crap outta that thing for 146,000 miles and loved it. Fit and finish was amazing, fuel economy was pretty decent, it was spirited, and dearly loved the seats.

Went to a brand new 2014 320i as "just a commuter" for 8 months. My daughter's 06 325i was dying, so instead of buying her a different car, I gave her that 320i. I didn't mind the 320i for the simple task of just commuting. It was stripped and very boring. It was good for her though as she was going to college and working part time.

When I gave the 320i to my daughter, I dropped into a brand new 428i. Another great car with awesome options on it. It just lacked in power, as I am yearning for some more power just to have some fun with. Not race, just floor it and get back to my roots of old school 289, 350, 454 cubic inch V8 torque and feel. I found myself looking at Corvettes, Camaros (gross, I know), Shelby GT350, and some used Porsche Caymans. About the only thing that tripped my trigger were the Porsches. Everything else just had crappy interior and just wouldn't fit that balance I was looking for.

I ended up finding a really nice 2014 CPOed 550i with M sport package and Exec package for a decent deal and am satisfied with the torque and horsepower of the V8 engine. Ironically, I gave the 428i to my daughter, because I just couldn't part with it, I like it that much. Traded the 320i in on the 550i.

I've come full circle...5 series back to 5 series, just with a bigger engine.

Oh...wife promised me that I can buy a Porsche after actually keeping this car (or any car for that matter) for 5 years. I hope I make it. LOL
I was looking at 911s first but with 3 children between 11 and 7 that wasn't going to happen even though we have a minivan and a Mercedes GL. I started looking at Panameras and found that while the name Porsche resonates with most, the F10 550i M Sport beat it hands down when I drove both. I have zero gripes about the Bimmer and I wish I could have a 2 door M car and the F10 but its definitely not an either or, it's going to have to be both at some point down the road. I've owned 21 cars in 12 years and for some reason bought and sold 4 while stationed on the tiny island of Guam for 2 years. I totally understand why celebs have 15 cars...I love what I have in my garage, I just wish there was more garage with more cars!!!