View Single Post
      04-17-2019, 09:58 AM   #58
rkstar9
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '10 X5 3.5D

Continuing to chase my PDC fault gremlin, I plugged in one pdc sensor trough the driver wheel well just to see if it would work and I got the following fault codes for the right and left headlight STML module.

800FC8 Lin bus, headlight driver module (TMS), Left: comunication Fault
800FC9 Lin bus, headlight driver module (TMS), Right: comunication Fault
805D04 LIN defective
805E84 LIN defective

Car was working perfectly fine, I plug this OEM PDC sensor and now all these faults became permanent. can't be erased no matter what.

ISTA further confirms there is no present comunication with either headlight module.

Visual confirms that STML controlled leds are not coming on.

Per ISTA most likely culprits are:
Bad LIN bus
Bad headlight connector
Bad STML

all of which are highly unlikely in my mind since the car was working just fine.

Going back to the PDC situation, the codes the car has been trowing from the beginning for them are:

80322E Front left ultrasonic sensor, signal line: short circuit to earth or open circuit (for each one of the PDC sensors)

what seems to be a more likely scenario is that there is a "short circuit to earth" somewhere along the front of the car. Possibly due to the crash.

connecting a OEM PDC sensor (possibly with higher or lower conductivity) either fried a fuse or caused a permanent fault to be stored in the FRM or STML modules.

based on that theory the more likely culprits could be

1. LIN bus is grounded somewhere (I have seen oil migration trough some harnesses in the front. )

2. Fuse blew somehwere, I have checked all the fuses in the back, a few left to check in the passenger glove compartment. very difficult to get to.

3. PDC harness I purchased is incorrect and causing faults, or my modifications to it, to accommodate the front actuated vents is incorrect. I was never able to get the vents to actuate anyway.

Unfortunately it's not possible to begin testing on the front PDC harness for shorts to positive or ground without removing the bumper which is not possible at the moment.

So Ill get to the fuses in the front for now. All tho a harness issue is sounding more like the most likely scenario.