View Single Post
      10-28-2019, 05:24 PM   #19
gIzzE
Major General
Rep
Drives: F11 + 911 C4

I understand what it does and why it does it.

All I am saying is, I have done a few now and so far everyone has been fine without changing solenoids etc.

The last one I did was recently, couple of months or so back.

I had the kit to replace everything and decided to see what would happen if I reset the adaptations before doing anything at all.
The unit was 6HP26, 153000 miles on original oil, it was a Discovery, which is pretty hard on the gearbox too.
The gearbox was clucking pretty hard on changes, 1st to 2nd was a jolt, I thought I needed to change the propshaft.

I reset all adaptations and immediately got the car throwing transmission faults and limp mode.
Codes showing shits from 3-4 were the main cause, but sometimes 1-2 and 2-3.
Half a mile was all you could get before limp mode kicked in.
I was all ready to do the solenoids and seals, but decided I would do a full flush first and see what happened.
I put 14 litres of ATF AG55 through before it came out clear, via cooler pipe.
Got the temp right, made sure levels correct and then took it for a drive.
It was like a new gearbox.
It has now done 3000 miles since then and is still perfect.
That is using original filter still, didn't take the sum off, just dropped oil out to start with.

I was ready to drop it all out and do the sump, filter, solenoids and seals, it was more of a test as I was interested.

I'm just saying, maybe buy the bits needed from amazon or someone who will take them back and try oil first, you might be surprised.

$100 of oil and and hour of time might be all it needs, a right bonus.
Appreciate 0