View Single Post
      10-29-2018, 05:44 AM   #66
Bozman52
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5

I've had some PMs with DARKKN1GHT, so I thought I'd post some of his responses here so that all could chime in with their thoughts. This X6M brake mod is something I'm seriously considering doing, so I want to be absolute sure that I have all the info before I start buying expensive parts! The following are comments from DARKKN1GHT:

F10 will accept front x6m rotors without issues, the hub bore will not matter as that is integral to the hub of the car and the rotor bore hole is the same across all BMW models. The caliper also mounts like factory but it doesn't center over the rotor like OEM due to the x6m having a different knuckle. The spacer is meant to push the caliper away from the knuckle and center it. It is a 4mm spacer from my research, measuring and trial. Ive had the car up to 130mph plus. The bolts are just longer ones than stock due to the spacer which now takes up space between the mounting surface. The bolts I used were from the front subframe due to them being the same design, rating, but they are too long stock so you will need to trim them.

I used E71 rotors but the F86 is interchangeable as well. My reason was due to cost, as the drilled 2 piece are expensive. E71 guys frequently upgrade their rotors to the new ones so that's how I know it all fits.
Appreciate 1
John H.230.00