View Single Post
      04-29-2019, 04:36 AM   #35
Bozman52
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5

I installed a set of H&R sway bars on my 530d SE about 6 months ago, so I figured I should chime in on this one. I've attached some pics that show the H&Rs vs the OEM set up. The OEM bars feel like a kids toy compared to the H&R bars. The OEMs flex quite a bit more, especially the rear one. The front H&R bar wasn't that much larger in diameter over OEM, but the delta of the rear bar diameter was significant.

As far as handling improvements, I don't have any empirical data other than a seat of the pants score. I definitely would not rave about the performnce increase like the OP did. I'd say that body roll on my car was reduced by about 15-20% more, so not a massive difference. However, the car already had M5 20" wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires installed, so I think someone with stock wheels and RF tires may see a more drastic improvement than I did.

Installation was really straightforward and I didn't have to cut any plastic undercarriage panels or remove the muffler. The H&R bars cost me £342 from this shop on ebay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/cartuningpoint

I'd say this is a really simple mod that's worth the money, but don't expect massive handling gains from this. On the flip side, I've not noticed any negative effects from having the larger bars. The ride quality is the same.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
EV8634.00
John H.221.00