View Single Post
      02-18-2019, 08:01 PM   #42
rkstar9
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '10 X5 3.5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEF View Post
Despite some lighting problems, the vehicle in the photos is a quite an accomplishment. Your comment concerning programming a used component seems valid and jives with a similar story from my dealership. It seems, that my dealer had a problem installing an engine control module that had been previously installed in another vehicle. Apparently, a second dealer had installed the same unit and then returned it to BMW. When sent to my dealer, it could not be programmed and this delayed repairs until BMW sent another module. Fortunately, this was covered under warranty and not at my expense.
THanks that seems to be the same story Im reading about, it just takes a while to get all the tools working correctly. but it should be a zinch once I am all set with my Icom

currently it is not connecting to e -sys. I probably messed up the installation some how.

pretty happy with how the car came out.

Did an oil change today with liquy molly 5w30 will be doing 5-7k mile oil changes.

oil is cheap, timing chains are not.

comparison of m57 oil filter right vs n57 left

I like how the surface area is probably less than half yet the oil change interval has stayed the same. Seems like a big step backward.