09-20-2015, 06:32 AM   #4
Bbb34
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535i 6sp. DHP/RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubVBenz View Post
I appreciate your input. The only reason I'm comparing an S to a 5er is because MB made the stupid decision to discontinue their 6 Cylinder Diesel in the E-Class. While the 2014 E-Class facelift is competitive with the F10, the pre-facelift is not. Unfortunately, 2014+ models only offer the 4 cylinder diesel.
Same as poster before I haven't driven S or 5 diesel yet, so I'm not sure this will be of any help. But, I did cross shop between E350 and 5 series. In fact my first test drive of both was back to back. I quite liked the look, refinement and fit and finish of E series, but handling wise it was no contest. Even base 5, which is known to a bit on a softer side feels much sportier, handles better, "feels" faster and much better planted on the road comparing to E class. 5 also offers more space, both front and back - can't recall trunk space to be honest. All of this should be improved going up to S class except for maybe handling.

Good luck shopping, I think it's hard to make wrong decision with these two, once you drive them and compare features, usually it's easy decision to make.
Appreciate 0