View Single Post
      04-10-2019, 10:39 AM   #55
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Because it's a comparison of an event that takes place once every 4 years vs. one that takes place every year.
The WC gets more views than that F1 gets in 4 years. You'd know that if you did your math.

Quote:
Compare the World Cup to the Olympics and compare Formula One to Premier League. These are valid comparisons.
How is that a valid comparison?
The premier league is a UK national league!
https://www.premierleague.com/
How does a championship that is held in 1 country make a fair comparison to a global championship?!?

And the olympics are what? 30 sports together? Why compare that with 1 sport?
And this is about F1 compared to football. 1 sport to another.
But you want to break it down to that yes, in 1 country there are less viewers to 1 sport than there are global viewers to another sport. Yes you're completely right. A national football match in a country with 60 million citizens doesn't get the amount of views as a world champoinship F1 match with what? 7 billion global citizens...

Quote:
And as far as your very condescending remark about Americans and soccer, I played club ball from the time I was 10 until I was 25 and turned down multiple university scholarships to play midfield and defenseman. We have a pretty strong soccer culture here and it nicely augments our locally created sports.
My remarks are not condescending. Its a fact that football plays far less a role in US society than in most other countries in the world. not 15 years of running on a grass field is going to change that.
What american football is in the US, football is in the rest of the world.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 04-10-2019 at 10:54 AM..
Appreciate 0