View Single Post
      11-12-2018, 10:51 AM   #12
neverdone
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X5, 335, Ford Lightning, 63 me

Well I guess I didnt update the thread. There was actually a story to go along with changing the brakes...

I was driving one day and there was a bad squealing when I was stopping coming from the passenger side. I'd just changed to winters so I thought, maybe it was the dust shield.

Pulled over and checked, pushed back the DS and checked again, no luck. When i got home, i took the wheels off, DS was fine, looked in the caliper window and the pads were crumbling apart, like wtf.

I only bought the car 4 months prior to the post from BMW and I could have sworn that the check they did stated I had lots of life left, so I looked at it and sure enough, it said they had 8mm left, not the case.

I came in here asking about brakes and ended up ordering them...then, afterthought. Called BMW told them what I found and brought it in to see what they would say...next thing I know, I get a call from BMW " we are replacing all front rotors, pads and sensors free of charge" . Obviously without admitting it, admitted wrong by doing this....super happy with that, however, I'm now out $200 because I jumped the gun on buying brake parts.

TL;DR
BMW replaced my brakes for free lol on my 2014 535.
Appreciate 0