View Single Post
      11-11-2018, 08:30 PM   #108
CP911
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M240i 6-speed Coupe

You are nuts if you think people don't hate on you for driving a certain type of car. Obviously, most people will not even care, but I get treated like shit on a consistent basis when driving my BMW (and previously my Porsche) compared to being totally ignored when I'm in my brown Volvo wagon. I'm talking people speeding up to cut me off very closely without any turn signal, tailgating then they'll honk as they speed away, lifted diesel trucks doing one of the aforementioned stunts and then dusting me in a cloud of soot on purpose, and I could go on for days. In my 911, I even had someone aggressively try to sideswipe me because I apparently didn't blast up an on-ramp quickly enough to satisfy them. I was over the speed limit already and minding my own business, and once this person got around me, they were literally slamming brakes on in front of me as if they wanted me to smash into them as well.

All of that has happened in < 10k miles of driving (conservative guesstimate) vs. several hundred thousand miles combined over the years on various SUVs, crossovers, and wagons. Not once have I experienced such rudeness or behavior from other drivers while in these other vehicles.

I even have a relative that I caught giving me the stink eye once when we crossed paths in public. I noticed her slowing down and giving me a dirty glare as I was getting into my car. She had been nice to me before that, and this was the first time she had seen my new car. I always caught bad vibes from her after that, and then once word got around, other family members confirmed she had been talking crap and hating on me out of jealousy.

Newsflash: People suck, and a lot of them live their lives as narcissistic a-holes who go out of their way to hurt others with spiteful behavior of all types - not just when driving cars - because they are jealous and self-hating people who don't like to see others doing well.

If one can deny this fact, he/she must be clueless about people.