View Single Post
      07-25-2012, 10:34 PM   #51
AC_S5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 F10 523i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmernerd View Post
From MY2013 you can get B&O high-end surround system as an option (6F2) in F10/F11. Previously the most advanced sound system in the 5:er was HiFi Professional 600 W Dirac (677), not Harman Kardon.
Oh, thanks for the info. Does the speakers pop outs like the ones in Audi too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The X Men View Post
You are right, AWD is not necessary in the north, just like your BMW is not necessary, you can easily get around with a Hyundai. AWD is a safety feature if you drive in the snow or rain. Sure, one can swap out snow tires twice a year, but with AWD, a good set of all season tires can go all year long.
Any experience driver knows that AWD will not help with stop in the snow. The false sense of security only apply to unexperience or simply bad drivers.
The current i-drive is pretty much a copied version of the MMI, if you ever use the last gen or i-drive, it was horrible. I find the 4 corner button on the MMI very easy to use. I can pretty much find them without looking down. Overall, I would say both system is average at best. A lot of steps to do some simply task.
Is a feeling, it is different for everyone. I feel I don't need AWD and that's from experience, is like I feel you fit better into a Hyundai forum.

Try to stick it to the topic of helping the OP decide which to get instead of getting personal.

AWD does gets you around in snow and dirt faster and that's been proven by Audi by introducing quattro to their rally racer. It also been proven you can reduce weight and go faster by stripping your car of things like A/C, CD player, insulation, rear seats etc. But I don't feel I have the need to do that, again that's personal preference.

Any person who likes driving including myself will prefer a set of summer tires and a set of winter. Well at least out of the majority of driver I talked to say that.

Before my Xterra, I have never driven anything with 4WD in the snow and the first time. I was going too fast because of the new found traction and almost crash into the car in front of me when I try to stop, but I did a quick lane change to save myself from the accident. I was inexperience because I have never experienced it, so can you jump to a conclusion that I was a bad driver? Absolutely not. If so I would've crashed. But seem like you are trying to say I am a bad driver just because I have never experience it before.

Your statement saying inexperience driver = bad driver seem like you are those that would laugh at young people for making mistakes as you associate inexperience with bad. I am sure we have all been through something where we are inexperience before but does that mean we will do bad. I certainly don't feel that way, again is a feeling. Is like I feel you are more suited to the Hyundai forum.

The MMI on the A5 is mounted right below the screens and the air vents compare to the BMW iDrive which is mounted near the hand rest with buttons right beside the knob. I need to take my eyes off the road because I couldn't feel the button as they were too far apart from the knobs and I have to reach for the buttons because they were mounted near the A/C controls. People criticize the iDrive on the E60, but I got the hang of it the moment I took delivery of my E60, I feel it was very straight forward and easy to use, I have never met a BMW owner that said the iDrive was hard to use.

The system are average in terms of what they can do and could be better I agree, but the design of the MMI is really a joke to me due to reasons provided. I think everyone is entitled to their opinion. Just like I feel you fit better into the Hyundai forum.
2005 E60 523i, 1999 E39 523i, 1998 E46 323i
Appreciate 0