View Single Post
      09-29-2018, 05:05 AM   #3
RMNB
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 440xi CPE BSM

I've researched under F10 service bulletins that the years 13-15 for 550's fall under this 100,000 - 10 year limited warranty.

My 2014 was acting up and my indy said try BMW and see if they will fix. Well since there were no codes they simply attributed it to poor gas. No code, no free fix. The problem is the with not only the fuel injectors but the actual poor design of the where they are located in relation to the combustion chamber and piston area. Gasoline somehow gets mixed in with the oil which makes our cars burn oil much faster than normal hence the civil suit outstanding on BMW's.

This is very vague at best but my tech tried to explain what was happening with my vehicle and this is the best I could understand since I know nothing about engines obviously.

My SA attributes the 'big' turbos attributing to the burning oil issue as well. All I know is the past few months mine is burning oil quicker than normal. Not sure what's going on with that yet but lets see if I get a dash light or some other quirky issues besides stalling out , hesitation, poor gas mileage, etc. which is happening as we speak.

Very nervous as I'm flying blind with no warranty at 67k.
Appreciate 0