03-25-2015, 09:06 AM   #12
dadysev
Captain
Montenegro
Rep
Drives: Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbb34 View Post
Plenty of discussion on the forum about "no need" for 6 speed manual in this type of car, but once again I'll repeat myself.

If that's "your thing", and it seems to be, as amazing as automatic transmission in these cars is, it's simply no match for enjoyment of driving a manual. Sure I'd likely be happy with automatic, just not quite "as happy".

And this is not about just pure performance, as numbers seem to favor automatic transmission in both, acceleration and gas milleage. It's about driver's involvement and enjoyment you get out of driving manual transmission car - again, for those who like that kind of thing.

So yeah, RWD, manual transmission.... can't go wrong, what's to argue - except perhaps on potential resale value down the road.
Lots of snow where I am too, not an issue with good winter tires and common sense.
I agree! would be nice to feel that 450lbs of torque in first gear and the thrust of releasing the clutch!!! I just couldn't wait any longer to find one up here in Canada. My BMW mechanic friend told me he has only seen 1 or 2 in the past 3 years that come in for Service. Trying to find a used one in RWD (which i believe is only 2011) is really difficult. I miss it for that sheer fun and enjoyment as you said. Still have my 5 speed e46 as a winter car, so its not as bad for me.

Too all that have the 6 speed
Appreciate 0