03-05-2016, 03:21 PM   #22
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikekilpatrick View Post
Going to drop off the rotors and Calipers for paint today! One thing to notice, it appears that the OEM BMW M5 rotors do NOT have an interchangeable Hat center! We might be able to buy after market rotors, but the hat IS part of the Rotor assembly.

Now, I have to decide, do I get the Dust shields painted Blue as well? Caliper, Rotor Center and Dust shield all OEM M5 Blue?
you know, when i start my caliper project here next month i'm painting the calipers, rotor/dust shield and hat Matte black so aesthetics wise it'll compliment my bronze wheels. i'm not sure if you painting the shield blue will look tacky because the calipers and the hat will compliment each other? but the shield...i'm trying to picture it? might depend on what wheels you have?
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0