11-02-2016, 07:09 PM   #27
E30toF30
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 528i Executive Edition

Garage List
Hey All,

Thought I'd share this as well. I was annoyed with the chrome sidemarker as well and I felt a gloss black would match well with the gloss black shadow line.

Thought about painting it but didn't want to have to replace them with non-painted ones on lease return. So I went the route of gloss black vinyl wrap.

I usually use 3M stuff for my past wrap work (mostly interior trim) but i thought I'd try some cheaper stuff from Ebay that cost me $7 shipped for 24"x60". Breaking that down, the cost for me to wrap the two sidemarkers was about $0.10 hahaha!

It wasn't as easy to work with compared to the 3M stuff which is much more user friendly, but it still worked fairly well. Just need to be patient and take your time. I spent about 45 minutes on each piece to make sure it was done well. At least with the wrap, I can remove the wrap for lease return if need be.

Also, take it easy with removing the sidemarkers. 3 clips lock it in. Front side, top middle, and bottom middle. Once those release, slide forward while pulling it out. I ended up breaking a clip on each sidemarker but fortunately it still holds very well.

Sorry for the dirty car lol.
But the gloss black blends quite well with the carbon black car.
Now to get some painted reflectors (gawdamn that orange is gross)
Appreciate 1