jonobro
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw f10 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettalker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewLC View Post
I'm curious to know is your car a 2011? Does it have a DEC switch (sport button)?I'm fairly confident this is an issue related to 2011 F10 N55's.

Anyways, I did solve the problem with my car. In my situation it was tune related. Checked everything over and everything was good. Decided to start working on my own custom tune and I was able to resolve most of the drivability issues I was having (still working on getting a solid tune in). One of the things I did to test my theory was copy all the "sport" tables over to the "normal" tables and it helped significantly since I do not have a DEC switch to put my car in sport mode.

I tried raising this with PTF but they didn't seem too interested in assisting. Their solution was that I get a custom tune.

I'm convinced it's due to a lack refinement in the OTS maps. If you think about it, the N55 configuration found in the 2011 F10 N55 is really unique to that year/model(it's basically an E series N55 in an F series platform). No other F series platform (including 2012+ F10) shares the same engine/ecu configuration from my understanding. So I can see why they haven't spent too much time refining the OTS maps for this platform, it's such a small market share of their overall customers. Just look at the date of the last update to the OTS maps for this car. These maps haven't been updated in almost a year and a half. While all other F platforms seem to receive quarterly updates to the OTS maps.

Not sure how helpful this was? Take what I said with a grain a salt as it's all based on assumption. Especially if you have a 2012 or newer F10... lol
I have a 2012 lol. So all that long comment was...unhelpful hahaha. I still read it all tho. Thanks
I have a 2011 535i N55 and I retrofitted DEC switch to have sport mode and Sport + and I completely see where your coming from my car kinda feels choppy when I switch to sport mode.. and I have supporting mods and flash tune ( BM3 )
Appreciate 0