View Single Post
      06-09-2015, 08:07 PM   #1
TimeFor
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 i3S REx

Garage List
M-Sport with Alcantara Headliner - Opinions?

UPDATE: In MY2016 it seems that Sport Steering Wheel is now standard. This is different than the M-Sport one but at least its ticker than standard. Also sport auto transmission is no longer an option so I think it's also standard. This solves the problems. Going to try an custom code order the Alcantara.

Original Post....

I’d like some opinions and thoughts on best way to solve a dilemma.

I want M-Sport with Alcantara headliner but I'm not going to buy an M5 to get it. The Individual package doesn't allow M-Sport to be selected. I don't care about the bumpers or sporty suspension. I'm getting active drive anyway but the thicker steering wheel is a big deal for me.

The Individual Package doesn't allow sport transmission option

I'm going to lease so I don't want to buy the headliner and add it to an M-Sport car.

Questions
  1. Any way to special order Alcantara headliner as a standalone option without getting the full Individual Package? Other countries seem to allow this. What about US? I want to order M-Sport with Alcantara ideally.
  2. If I order a non-m sport car and buy a M-Sport steering wheel will the paddles work?
  3. Is it still possible to hack sport transmission software if you don't order it from the factory? What the issues with lease / going to the dealer after doing this?
Attached Images

Last edited by TimeFor; 08-06-2015 at 12:16 PM..
Appreciate 0