View Single Post
      06-04-2020, 07:16 PM   #7
Nickco43
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 BMW M3

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
I got the car last night and made it home without issues. When I came back from getting plates it threw a check engine light.

I bought a new o2 sensor and I hope that the cat does not need to be replaced. The car was ran out of gas by the shop and dirty fuel ruined injectors 1 and 2. The PO footed the bill for them. When I took delivery of the car it had zero fuel in it. I kinda rushed the place because I wanted the car so I do not blame them. I think the misfires dirtied up the o2 sensors and cat.

Anyway, I gave the car a good wash and it is now up on jack stands.

The F10 is about one inch shorter than a W221 S class. Its a lot different from my E90s.

Wheels off and cleaned. All four wheels have a good amount of curbing. I think when the tires are worn I will get all new wheels. I put on new center caps and valve stem caps on the original wheels for now.

Since this car has been to NYC a few times there are a few hits on the front and rear bumpers. Good news is that they are mostly buffing out. I am going to polish the entire car lightly to remove most of the scratches in the paint.

I did a good look over the car and as expected the oil pan gasket is seeping a good amount and also I discovered that I picked up a nail in one of the tires.

Overall I am still happy with my purchase but the check engine light is a bummer. Now I can not get it inspected just yet.
Appreciate 0