Rep
Drives: IX,G07

Garage List
2020 X7  [10.00]
X5  [8.50]
IX  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patric48 View Post
Appreciate all the feedback. The dealer has placed my in a new X3 and I intend on driving it until my 535d is repaired properly.

I did find two BMW dealers within a 100 mile radius who have used 535d's (CPO) listed and who indicated in writing the Alert was complied with within the last 3 months. Not sure if they replaced the egr coolers or inspected only.

More to follow...
my understanding is that the dealership cannot sell a car as a cpo or auc(uk) without replacement of the egr cooler which is under recall.
On the other hand the cars out there which are under private ownership get an 'inspection' and are told 'its fine'.
Trouble is that if it then fails few months later and car is out of warranty its now not BMW's problem but your problem!

when my car broke down
1.I spoke to service adviser no joy quoted £££
2. I then spoke to BMW customer service and raised a concern(not a complaint)
3.Spoke to the Head of operations in the dealership(who was a lady and bloody fierce looking but I looked her in the eye and addressed her by her first name that got her on my side by explaining my plight and my concern that I had raised and that I wouldn't dare complain as I value their dealerships reputation)
She then went in and toasted the service adviser and the mechanics and a few hrs later the car was ready!

I will get my cars serviced at that dealership only as they have earned it.

Also bottle of 16 yr old single malt and flowers delivered to the lady boss
Appreciate 0