View Single Post
      05-03-2022, 04:54 AM   #40
iQuick
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i M-Sport Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Vasha View Post
Sorry for the late response. I'm no longer on the forums as much because my engine spun a rod bearing and seized. Had to sell it as is. Regarding your question. I really can't remember the specific details because it was so long ago. I believe that if you want to be 100% sure of all coolant passageways being circulated, I simply turn the car on with the hood closed and let it idle until it reaches operating temperature (I know the temperature gauge measures oil but the process still applies here). After it reaches operating temperature I would turn off the car. Now you can open hood and get the hose apparatus and bucket ready so that coolant can drain into the bucket. This means taking off the bleeder hose and connecting a hose to it into a bucket to drain out. I would then open the reservoir. Start the car and watch the coolant drain out. You will want to monitor the coolant level and begin filling up with distilled water only. For me this took some time until my hose going into the bucket turned clear. Once you start seeing clear, go ahead and pour in your coolant concentrate. Pour until the water coming out of the hose is looking blue. That's when I would stop the car and close everything back and and top off with 50/50 accordingly to make sure the level is correct. Then just to make sure. I would restart the engine and let it idle with the hood closed. After around 5 minutes or so I would check the level and check the coolant with a gauge that tells you what temperature it protects up to.

Hope this helps.

You could also just do the same process without turning the engine on. Just engage the bleeding procedure and see what comes out and how much. I can't guarantee you'll get a perfect flush but most of the old will be out. My bleeding process went around 20 minutes when I tried it.
Thanks for getting back to me.

1. I am worried about taking off bleeder hose when the vehicle warmed up, Is it not under pressure? Will it not be dangerous ?

Operating temp for my vehicle is around 100c for the oil. and around the same for the water temp (which I can access and view via the "secret Menu")

Just need some clarity on your warm up phase...
Appreciate 0