View Single Post
      08-08-2018, 01:07 AM   #4
saysak
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by geminiys View Post
Uses coolant - nonsense. If coolant is used, it's a problem.
Based on your pics and description the overfill reservoir has less coolant from the time it was topped off. That tells me you have a leak somewhere. Have you touched, smelled the leaking trail you got on concrete? Is it a bit greasy but watery to a touch? If so, it's coolant. This needs to be taken care ASAP to avoid overheating and/or extensive damage down the road. The leak could be coming from many areas (thermostat, water pump, hoses, turbo cooling lines, etc.,).
Ah okay. I was hoping there was no leak but "coolant is used just like everything else" didn't sound right to me either. What's odd is that I have never had a puddle at home after coming home and parking it. The only reason I noticed something coming out was because I drove to school (quick 2 minute drive) and was sitting in the parking lot for maybe 20 minutes with the engine running and when I stepped out, I saw the fluid coming from the bottom. I'll get that checked out then.

Again I'm not really the most experienced but from what I've researched, if the coolant was leaking out the bottom, it's safe to say that it's not being mixed in with engine oil or anything like that?

Also would the dealership be the best place to take it?

I appreciate all the help, thanks.
Appreciate 0