saysak
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by geminiys View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by saysak View Post
Ah okay. I was hoping there was no leak but "coolant is used just like everything else" didn't sound right to me either. What's odd is that I have never had a puddle at home after coming home and parking it. The only reason I noticed something coming out was because I drove to school (quick 2 minute drive) and was sitting in the parking lot for maybe 20 minutes with the engine running and when I stepped out, I saw the fluid coming from the bottom. I'll get that checked out then.

Again I'm not really the most experienced but from what I've researched, if the coolant was leaking out the bottom, it's safe to say that it's not being mixed in with engine oil or anything like that?

Also would the dealership be the best place to take it?

I appreciate all the help, thanks.
I wouldn't take it to a dealer but find an Indy that specializes in BMW. It will be cheaper. Where are you in California? If Bay Area, I can recommend one.
I'm actually located in Southern California in Riverside, CA. I'll include a picture of the potential service shops around me but are there any specific names that you'd recommend that I could look for down here? Doesn't have to be in Riverside, anywhere around would be great too.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0