View Single Post
      09-21-2018, 09:13 AM   #22
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
LOL - damn you guys are suspicious of everything! I really don't friend request many people because I am a little rude and crude and when people say something I can always say "Well.....you asked for it - the unfriend button works just like the friend button"

But I have had people who I used to work with or went to high school with etc many decades ago who have friend requested me and I usually accept them if I know them. Why not? They can only see what I choose to put up there. Sure some might just be snooping to see what you look like now or have been up to, but there are 8-10 people I have reconnected with from decades of silence that I now hang out with on a semi regular basis because of social media. And friends that have moved thousands of miles away but I still get to keep up with them some in between phone calls. I think if it were not for social media we would lose contact all together as seeing them online makes me remember to call them and gives us stuff to talk about.

Social media is what you make it. No one can see or steal anything you don't put online - so don't put shit you don't want people to see online - seems simple to me.

I have changed a lot over the years and I am sure most of the people you all know have too, so why not? Not like you can't just block them or unfriend them if you find they are bigger assholes than you.

I'm a pretty social guy though, so I probably see it different than some. I try and see someone I will like until they open their mouths and prove otherwise...... =)