01-04-2016, 03:54 AM   #14
The Beast
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: VW Transporter Sportline

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
I've found the rear wheels can break tractions quite easily so I've put the car into sport mode and put down a small amount of gas (remember gas pedal is more sensitive in this mode anyway) to get it off the line and then once its on the move, progressively applied more gas. That way it seems to avoid the wheels slipping and the traction control being activated which momentarily slows the car down.

I've not been going for a maximum acceleration off the line, but rather just a "spritely one".

Of course if the road is wet, I've applied less gas.

I have a 530d msport and whilst it is no M5, It still gives me a smile and surprises me still how fast this car is when asked.

I think I'm right in saying the police 5 series you see are 530d's.
Yeah this is pretty much what I do. Unless the road is bone dry and I am setting off in a straight line, then you can more or less floor it... However with the weather in the UK at the moment I wouldn't be trying this out quite yet
Current: VW Transporter Sportline, F48 X1 20i M Sport. Previous: F10 530d M Sport, W176 A200 CDI AMG Evolution, E70 X5 3.0 SD M Sport, F20 120d M Sport, E81 120d M Sport, E46 325i M Sport, E46 318ci & Many Others...
Appreciate 0