United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 740i

Garage List
2021 BMW X7 40i  [6.50]
2020 BMW 740i   [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by harris69 View Post
My 2011 535i has 74k miles, and I have owned it since last year. After the purchase I had the brake fluid service done, rear diff bushing (after reading a thread here and after having my mechanic check mine), rear flex disc, front rotors (recently they warped and was getting a vibration), and most recently noticed a slight oil around the OFHG so I will be replacing all three gaskets in the coming days. Most of the stuff I have done was more or less preventive maintenance, and I feel as if I could have gone longer on some of the services but I am OCD and worry too much about stuff breaking. Besides that most of the money spent on the car has been in mods.

I am also thinking about doing the transmission service as I plan on keeping the car a little longer this time. Have you done transmission flush on your vehicle, or are you still on the original fluid? How hard do you drive your car? I am
Quote:
Originally Posted by harris69 View Post
My 2011 535i has 74k miles, and I have owned it since last year. After the purchase I had the brake fluid service done, rear diff bushing (after reading a thread here and after having my mechanic check mine), rear flex disc, front rotors (recently they warped and was getting a vibration), and most recently noticed a slight oil around the OFHG so I will be replacing all three gaskets in the coming days. Most of the stuff I have done was more or less preventive maintenance, and I feel as if I could have gone longer on some of the services but I am OCD and worry too much about stuff breaking. Besides that most of the money spent on the car has been in mods.

I am also thinking about doing the transmission service as I plan on keeping the car a little longer this time. Have you done transmission flush on your vehicle, or are you still on the original fluid? How hard do you drive your car? I am
I am on the original fluid for transmission. I drive mine mostly on the highway, but I definitely do not Baby the car. I also have the BMS JB+ Tune also. The oil pan gasket it just now leaking also. I am replacing that and the engine mounts when overhauling the coolant system. I have had many BMW's over the years. The f10 is built like a tank compared to my kids e90's although I really like those too. My wife's E70 cannot compare to the F10 either.
Appreciate 0