View Single Post
      11-08-2019, 06:16 AM   #11
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

I bought my C-HR in January of this year so I'm pretty familiar with the whole Toyota buying experience. In regards to the Toyota care, it's not as big a deal as you might think. The dealer will most probably follow the normal maintenance schedule which means your car will only get an inspection, top off of fluids, and tire rotation at 5k and 15k miles. You'll get an oil change at 10k and 20k along with the stuff done at the 5k and 15k service.

Anyways, maybe have the dealer run a Carfax which should tell you if the car is indeed registered to their rental car company. Also, if the car does have the bumper to bumper factory warranty, the dealer should have no problems putting that in writing on your bill of sale. Also, you can contact another Toyota dealer to see if the story you're being told is true. Or you can get the VIN for the car and go to another Toyota dealer to have them run it in their system to see what the warranty status is.

When I bought my 135i, I was told by my dealer it was just punched as a dealer demo. It wasn't put into service as a demo yet when I was looking to buy it. I tend to believe the story as the car only had about 10 to 20 miles on it when I test drove it. The status of the car meant the car got an automatic extension of the factory bumper to bumper warranty by 6 months and some additional miles which I can't remember right now. It was also still eligible to be sold as new.
Appreciate 1