03-25-2015, 09:20 AM   #13
Bbb34
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535i 6sp. DHP/RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boulder Bill View Post
You are chasing a unicorn, as I'm sure you know......

I offer this advice only. If you find a car with the transmission that you desire, buy it. I passed on one in CA because I wasn't ready. It was a mistake. When the second one came available in Mass (with only 1,200 miles on it - long story), I jumped. That was two years ago and it was a marvelous decision. There are so few of these cars available, you really do need to be prepared to move quickly and have it shipped or travel.

Good luck! You are on the right track.

PS - One of 89 Carbon Black Metallic 550's with the MT!
Good advice

I found, I think it was M sport and, by the time I called the dealer few hours later it was gone. Soon after saw the second one of these up on BMW CPO site (couldn't believe my luck as it has DHP too and was in my preferred color) 3 years old CPO, Euro delivery, with 20K miles on it. Same as Boulder Bill, I didn't feel I was ready initially, but then I realized it was kinda "now or never" type of thing. Long story short, drove to dealer 6 hours away to check it, test drive and close the deal.

That said, there was one here on the forum (upstate NY I think, can't remember the details) that was unable to sell for 2-3 weeks, so you never know. Good luck, hope you find it quickly.
Appreciate 0