View Single Post
      03-25-2015, 02:48 PM   #14
Gpfarrell
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 6MT Imperial Blue 550i M-sport

I'm so happy to hear from folks that appreciatie why it needs to be a stick! I completely understand they aren't the best for everybody, but I'm not spending everybody's money, I want to spend mine!

I'll probably be ready to buy in late May, early June... lots of balls in mid-air right now and I just can't responsibily throw anything else into the sky until a land a few of the others. I don't expect to find it within 100 miles of Pittsburgh, but I anticpate the drive home from anywhere should be fantastic... even if it takes a few days.

So, I am trying to "know everything" so when I'm ready to buy, should the right car appear I'm not stopping to research it while somebody else drives away with it! Btw, I won't need the car... so I can wait for the right unicorn.

So, riddle me this... would you take a 535i sport package over a 550i without sport? Is it safe to say M-sport is mostly awesome cosmetics? I mostly like those, but the cosmetic stuff is pretty negotiable in my mind. The sport/comfort switch seems hard to duplicate.

That being said, my Lincoln MKS doesn't have a sport/comfort switch but it feels pretty tight since I've added H&R springs to it, so I'm comfortable making things my way if there's a way to do that. Maybe a 550i non-sport (if that's the unicorn I find) could be tweaked a bit and I'd have my engine and suspension too?

Thanks for the insights!
Appreciate 0