03-27-2015, 09:03 AM   #18
Bbb34
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535i 6sp. DHP/RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpfarrell View Post
I'll probably be ready to buy in late May, early June... lots of balls in mid-air right now and I just can't responsibily throw anything else into the sky until a land a few of the others.
C'mon now, that's completely "common sense" thinking, where's fun in that? I wasn't even on the market for a new car when I spotted mine, so, there goes "being ready to buy".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpfarrell View Post
So, riddle me this... would you take a 535i sport package over a 550i without sport? Is it safe to say M-sport is mostly awesome cosmetics? I mostly like those, but the cosmetic stuff is pretty negotiable in my mind. The sport/comfort switch seems hard to duplicate.
Impossible to give you good advice here, really depends what you value more. Most folks here seem to appreciate additional power of 550, more is always better right ? . I just feel that 535i is a bit better balanced handling wise.

Since you're already used to massive amounts of power, 535 might not be enough for you, but I have to tell you, after living with it for 9 months now, I feel that pretty much ever day I have to remind myself to slow down. For me 535 is plenty and that 1+ sec. difference in 0-60 time isn't crucial in my day to day enjoyment of the car. So far, I haven't felt I "must" have more, be it highway merging, spirited driving or passing. The key here might just be DHP and different throttle response in SPORT or SPORT+ mode. Plus with manual, always being in the right RPM range.

That said, I completely get why most here prefer 550, just wasn't worth the extra price and additional gas expenses for me.
Appreciate 0