08-02-2016, 11:34 AM   #8
ndinh
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 640i GC, X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by krautmeister View Post
BC forged at $5,000 a set, so all in about $6k for wheels and tires. I was prepared mentally for about $2,500.

Seems like I have a decision point here. Go expensive to get the strong, nice stuff or get mediocre grade that is decent quality that I can consider consumable that satisfies my "want" of differentiation and customization.

In my single days, I may have done the expensive route due to myself being the only driver. Now... this is a baby transporter and at the sake of my marriage, I may need to spend a bit less and just come to terms that there will be bends and rash from errant mistakes from my non-car enthusiast wife. I think it will hurt less in my heart and wallet to go "cheaper".....
I use my car as a baby transporter and daily driver as well. Rotary forged or even cast is fine in practically all cases. I've had ACS forged wheels and couldn't tell the difference except in my wallet but that's me. From experience with my wife running my wheels into a drive through curb and me accidentally hitting a parking block, trust me, it's less painful if the wheels are $1500 vs $5000. Plus, you can just buy a new set every year if you wanted to. I feel ya, with a family, mortgage, etc., gone are the days when you can buy $5k wheels+$2500 exhaust+slammed to the ground ride.
Appreciate 0