View Single Post
      06-12-2018, 06:27 PM   #1
DRKNEVL
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 535i M Sport, 2015 X5 35i

Help! Wine Spill Advice Needed.

Recently on my way home from the grocery store a bottle of red wine broke in the trunk. When I got home to unload the groceries I noticed that the carpet was damp and quickly realized the wine smell.

Side note... of course it was the expensive bottle I bought and not any of the cheaper ones.

I grabbed a few towels and soaked up as much of the wine as I could out of the carpet. Once I had done that I left the trunk open to get some air circulating. After about 20 mins I went back and sprinkled baking soda all over the trunk hoping it would help absorb what was left. This was my wife's idea... I left the baking soda in the trunk until the next day. In the morning I vacuumed the baking soda out of the trunk. Everything seemed dry as can be... however the sour wine smell was still there. I thought it would slowly go away but it has been a week now and it is still lingering. I do believe that it is slowly going away but I thought maybe someone here can offer some advice on what else I could try that would accelerate the process?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Jian
Appreciate 0