View Single Post
      09-14-2019, 12:40 PM   #1
23109VC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5

Garage List
CPO Question - Tires wore unevenly

My mother bought a CPO 535i MSport from a dealership about 2 hours from her home - about a year ago. At the time she bought it I recall thinking the back tires looked great and the fronts looked more worn but still within limits. I am sure the tires on the car or the original tires that came on it when manufactured as the car only had 14,000 miles when she bought it.

In one year she's only put 6000 miles on the car it's basically at 20,000.

She recently took the car to the dealer near her house to change the oil and the first thing they did was give her a bill and claims she needs new front tires - they documented that the tires have one on evenly and the outer edges are cupped.

I took a look at her tires the backs still look fine the front tires however have indeed cupped. Making me think when they sold her the car the alignment was probably off and it's wearing unevenly. My mom is 72... she's put very little mileage on the car and she's obviously not tracking the thing...

Her car has the M sport package with staggered wheels so she cannot rotate the tires front to back.

Her car has the original equipment wheels which are Bridgestone Turanza run flats they're quite expensive tires for what they area.

I know in general something like tires are considered wear and tear and the dealership is not going to want to honor a claim but I wondered given such low mileage she put on it and given the way the tires appear to have one unevenly if you think the local dealer if she press them might submit a claim under the warranty? Or would BMW laugh their heads off and say no way their tires??
Appreciate 0