bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
For some reason my nest app only shows outside temp when I turn on the AC or I guess whenever the AC is on :
The Honeywell thermostat is much larger than the Nest thermostat. So based on screen real estate, the Honeywell can display more. And all that information is displayed regardless of whether the system is on cool or heat mode. I also see the strength of what the thermostat sees as the wireless signal strength from my wireless access point. That same information is also presented on the smart phone app sans the wireless signal strength. Not sure if the Nest app does this.
I've had great results with nest. I also have the doorbell cam/intercom and the smoke and co detector. They are all flawless. If the CO detector detects CO it can tell the thermostat to turn off the air to prevent circulation of CO and buy you some time. Also all the smoke detectors can talk to each other and simultaneously announce which room has smoke. The list goes on. The display is pretty clear you can see it from across the room or using the mobile app or web interface on desktop. The screen is smaller but it has all the info I need that I can see across the room and is customizable.
Appreciate 0