View Single Post
      01-08-2014, 01:30 PM   #10
5soko
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by druu View Post
honestly speaking, if you are looking to get very good video, you will likely need a significant investment in stablization gear and lighting (not to discourage you from buying a nice camera). But a decent camera body + nice glass + stabilization + lighting is easily a 3-5k initial investment.

The video there looked hand held with a zoom (possibly a 24-105L which is about 8-900 bucks, commonly kitted with a 5dii)

If you are looking for good car video, you will do much, much better with a go pro and a mount, given your price range.

A 7D is an excellent camera, and I use it as one of my backup bodies, at this point they are a good value. If money is an object though and you wanted to go canon, i would get an older rebel body (perhaps t3i), used if possible and put the rest toward a decent lens. The used market is excellent with canon gear, and lenses are at good prices when bought used, especially when you consider that most people take good care of their gear.
Thanks! If i can get anywhere near that video i linked in quality, i would be happy for now.. If the 7D can do that, then that will be my purchase!
Or maybe get a new canon 60D or 70D and leave an etra 500-1000 for a good lens?

Last edited by 5soko; 01-08-2014 at 01:36 PM..
Appreciate 0