View Single Post
      12-12-2018, 11:58 AM   #1
BMWisFRIEND
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '21 BMW M550i

CEL, Drivetrain Malfunction, Ignition Stall N63tu 550i

Hi all,

So I have some weird issues I was wondering if anyone else has had with their N63tu 550i (48k mi).

It all started a few months ago, I was driving along one day when I noticed the car shaking/shuttering as I drove. I stopped at a light and the car was noticeably jerking. Acceleration was rough, the CEL came on, etc. I got to my destination, parked, came back and hour later and no issues (CEL went away after a couple of days).

A couple weeks later, I was driving along and I got a drivetrain malfunction warning / to head to a dealer ASAP. Stopped at a gas station to fuel up, turned it back on, no issues (DTM went away after 2 mins / CEL went away after a couple of days).

A couple weeks after that I went to start the car, and it wouldn't turn over. Felt like I was trying to start a 1994 Ford Explorer. Let it sit for a few mins, then it started with no issues.

Lastly, this weekend, the CEL just came on (no shuttering/stuttering), then went off a couple of days later.

Next time I get a CEL I'm definitely going to O'Reily's to check the code but does this sound like a problem anyone's had? I am out of warranty but would definitely like to get this fixed at this point. As of now, the car drives perfectly normal but there's obviously something going on.

Thanks ahead of time for your help everyone.
Appreciate 0