Thread: 530d idle
View Single Post
      09-01-2015, 04:09 PM   #4
Welshwolf
Registered
Rep
Drives: 530d msport

530d idle

I've also suffer with this issue, although I've not tried different ways/techniques to determine how it goes away, if at all.

I have however had it looked at twice by bmw and both times they've suggested there's no issue. First time it was looked at was when I first had the car and it was suggested that it's just how it idles and the fuel mixture is reduced to save fuel, apparently.
I then challenged this again recently and 50k miles later (2 yrs ownership) and before warranty runs out, to again determine if it's me, or if there's actually an issue. But again, it's suggested that it's a characteristic of the car.

Only way to describe it is that it's a side to side motion which is more pronounced if I were to lean on the window and be in greater contact with the car, I know that may sound stupid, but it's the only way I can describe it and just as e92liv describes, it's only when stationery, in D and foot lightly on the brake pedal.

I can easily live with it, as 90% of my journeys are motorway so very little time is stuck in traffic and stationery, but it's that occasional time when I feel it that I want to know if it can be sorted and corrected, especially as my warranty has 3 months remaining.
Appreciate 0