View Single Post
      01-17-2019, 08:30 PM   #32
dennik
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 xdrive50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyngofpop View Post
Just did this repair and OMG how EASY it was! I took pics of each step and may do a write up later on but OMFG this was so EASY and the car runs like a KITTEN! Thanks all that added to this post, this was probably the easiest 25-30 MAX of my life. My dealer quoted me $2100 just like OP and I was like HELL NO!

Btw the part was only $80 and it's the EXACT SAME part as the BMW one, even has BMW and the same part number stenciled into it. Attaching a pic of the part.

If you can change a spare tire you can do this repair. I'm just baffled at how easy this was. What prompted me to do it ASAP was because I was playing around with an Audi on the the other night and as soon as I dipped into the throttle and got to 130 mph the car bucked and just died and the HPFP code came up. How embarrassing. Attaching pics of the new part vs the old part and they're the exact same without the BMW price stigma attached. THANKS!!

In the photos new part is pictured first, old part is pictured second.
Glad it solved your issues! Just ordered HPFP for my car and can't find any good write up or diy on HPFP. I looked into TIS but it seems too over complicated. So waiting for your write up!
Appreciate 0