View Single Post
      04-23-2019, 10:32 PM   #39
PLSTwinTF06
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 650i GC X-drive

So im gonna share my experience, First time i had a pull to about 130 threw a DTM light, next day everything fine, forward 2 weeks later another hard launch threw a DTM light, managed to get back home with no issues, next day i started the car with rough idle, plugged into the OBD got a misfire on 5 and 6 with low fuel pressure code. So i checked the engine and saw that a seal surrounding the 5 and 6 spark plugs was leaking a little bit of oil. I bought the new head cover seal and replaced it, cleaned up all the oil and replaced all the spark plugs. Started the car with no luck, shaking and rough idle, this time 5 , 6 , 8, so i suspected that it could possible be the HPFP on bank 2, switched it sides and got misfires on 1 and 3, so after 2 weeks of scratching my brain was able to eliminate the problem.

As of now waiting on a new HPHP and hopefully that will be my source of problems, ill keep you guys updated

Seems like it was a coincidence that the leak was where the initial misfires occurred or not, still kind of confused

Bought the car 1 month ago, so I am very pissed off that i had to go trough this right away

Last edited by PLSTwinTF06; 04-23-2019 at 10:38 PM..
Appreciate 0