Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unspec View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmit2017 View Post
Let me repeat it again, because it doesn't seem to be seeping through your thick skull, the led bulb in that Mercedes is being used for the low beam. The led bulb in the BMW is being as a cornering light. Different housings, different diffusers, different functions. Your theory suggests that, for example, swapping out a halogen turn signal bulb for an LED will blind oncoming traffic- two totally different things. I also bet you can't name one law of physics. So take your smart ass comments elsewhere.
Doesn't matter low beams, high beams, turn signals, reverse lights, etc etc. Halogens simply emit light differently than LED's, that's a fact. Just because something has different reflectors and is intended for a different purpose than low beams does not ensure that it's not glaring people. All you've been saying is "Look, I swear it doesn't glare!", but literally the first picture you posted in post #2 shows that the cornering light is substantially brighter than the low beams.

Turn signals absolutely can be blinding - especially when people have a habit of modding the turn signal so it's no longer amber. Proper halogen to LED turn signal upgrades that don't blind people is due more to the fact that the turn signal housing is amber.

Saying I can't name one law of physics is just outlandish, and doesn't really help your ethos as all. I can try to prove to you that I understand physics by spelling out how the laws of motion work, what conservation of mass and energy is, or how to use the right hand rule to determine the direction of a magnetic charge. Nevertheless, all that can all be simply dismissed with you saying "LOL NICE GOOGLING", which why it's pointless for me to try to prove to you anything.

You're just relying on making ad hominem attacks to try to make it seem like you have a valid argument. Literally the first reply you made to me immediately jumped to insulting someone's character. You seem excessively aggressive and defensive for no reason.
Dude I think your getting way too deep for a cornering light post. The OP is right, the cornering light won't cause glare even if it's led. And tbh do u even have an F10 and have tried this? If not, leave the unnecessary criticism elsewhere. There's no need for you to start pulling out 11th grade logical fallacy terms on us.
Appreciate 1