View Single Post
      10-07-2019, 02:59 PM   #44
Unspec
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Vasha View Post
That's your issue... nobody asked for you to comment and depreciate this guys mod. Just let him do it. I wouldn't want someone calling out my mod. I didn't make a random accusation when I replied to you. If it had such a glare that you make it seem to have then when haven't I been flashed by oncoming traffic? A proper led bulb will not glare. I mean seriously, there so many aftermarket led fog lights nowadays and majority of people don't seem to have a problem with it. Same principle with putting a decent led in a corner light housing. There's not much else to debate about.
Quote:
I didn't make a random accusation when I replied to you
Quote:
And tbh do u even have an F10
Hmmmm. Sure.

Yes, a LED bulb in a housing designed for LED bulbs will not glare. The key issue is that the housing in the corning light is not designed for a LED bulb, they use different reflector designs in LED and Halogen housings. Seriously, just look at BMW's own LED headlight housing designs. They're nothing like halogen ones for a reason. There's a TON of examples on various other car forums of people complaining about others putting the power of a small sun in their headlights.

Quote:
If it had such a glare that you make it seem to have then when haven't I been flashed by oncoming traffic?
Because you're a whooping sample size of one. Woah.

I absolutely will criticize someone for a mod that can directly negatively affect other drivers, especially if it's being passed off as just an "aesthetic mod". If I installed a similar mod, I'd be perfectly open to such criticisms. Not only that, you're also risking another driver's safety. A very bright light on a dark road is very distracting and can seriously reduce their night vision for a couple of minutes. Unless, of course, you don't really care about this, then go ahead and do whatever you want.
Appreciate 1
ThaiBruin170.50