shiftdnb
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F31 328dx

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
As it pertains to what I care about when dealing with marijuana users driving impaired….

….various ocular conditions that affect reaction time, rebound dilation, object constancy (…e.g…impaired short term memory), etc.

In general, you develop lung issues and other similar health issues associated with smoking.
Man I smoke mad bowls and do iracing in VR. Have a 4.99 safety rating which can’t go any higher. Can’t say much for driving regular because I don’t smoke before night time but it definitely has no effect on my racing.

you’re also wrong on lung issues.

https://erj.ersjournals.com/content/35/1/42

Quote:
Cumulative cannabis use was associated with higher forced vital capacity, total lung capacity, functional residual capacity and residual volume. Cannabis was also associated with higher airway resistance but not with forced expiratory volume in 1 s, forced expiratory ratio or transfer factor. These findings were similar among those who did not smoke tobacco. In contrast, tobacco use was associated with lower forced expiratory volume in 1 s, lower forced expiratory ratio, lower transfer factor and higher static lung volumes, but not with airway resistance.

Cannabis appears to have different effects on lung function from those of tobacco. Cannabis use was associated with higher lung volumes, suggesting hyperinflation and increased large-airways resistance, but there was little evidence for airflow obstruction or impairment of gas transfer.

Last edited by shiftdnb; 08-20-2022 at 09:26 PM..
Appreciate 1
chris7197331.50