View Single Post
      07-05-2018, 08:16 PM   #16
StLouisMO
Rep
Drives: 2014 535d xdrive

As others have said, it's not a difficult job. I just did my rear and front brakes this week. Dealer wanted over 7 hundred for just the rear pads and rotors. I bought Power Stop, drilled and slotted, front and rear rotors and pads for $430 from Jegs. The new rotors look great behind the aftermarket wheels.

The rear electronic parking brake is not hard at all. Remove the wheel, pop off the electronic connection near the top of the rotor, remove the two caliper pins holding the caliper to the caliper bracket. Once the caliper is removed from the caliper bracket, remove the parking brake assembly from the caliper using a torx bit (2 screws). After you remove the torx screws, just firmly pull the assembly off the caliper. Once removed, use a hex allen wrench to screw the parking brake piston back into the housing (you want to turn the allen wrench clockwise, yes clockwise). You'll feel it bottom out when you've got it seated. No need to get aggressive with over doing it. Not something you want to make tight. Once you do that, then just put it back on the caliper and put your 2 torx screws back in. Then just push your caliper piston in while you're there using a c-clamp or piston compression tool. Replace your pads as normal, replace your wear sensor ($8 on Amazon) on the drivers side only. The sensor was the last thing I attached....had the pads in, the caliper reattached to the caliper bracket and then just plugged the sensor in from the back opening of the caliper. Just push it in the open slot on the brake pad.

Very easy process. Like I said, I just replaced my front and rear rotors and pads this week. Reach out if you have any questions. Happy to help.

2014 535 Diesel. Vorsteiner 20" 103 wheels. Michelin Pilot A/S 3 Plus.

Last edited by StLouisMO; 07-06-2018 at 09:41 AM..
Appreciate 0