View Single Post
      06-21-2021, 03:43 PM   #246
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

So this article claims that Mercedes can't figure out how VER passed HAM during stop 1:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/m...appen/6593031/

They don't say exactly what they included in the analyzing but they come up short 0,5sec. (apparently they can account for 2,5sec but they don't say what includes in that 2,5sec)

I don't know if they included the above difference in distance driving into box 1 and 2, but say if that distancedifference is only 4 meters, and if HAM drives 30km/h on that last patch (the patch just before the pitbox), then there's half a second
(the analysts in the TV commentary (2 ex F1 drivers btw) that came up with this also said it potentially could make a 0,5-0,7sec difference)
Needless to say, gaining 3 sec on an undercut pitstop is insane

I've also been thinking about the relative weak defense to keep position from both BOT as HAM (against VER and PER).
Maybe that's due to that the races are now a triple header and driving serious damage can give short supply on spare parts and repair time.
Maybe everyone was a bit careful; there were 0 retirements in the field. That's quite rare.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 06-21-2021 at 03:58 PM..
Appreciate 3