07-31-2021, 12:36 AM   #2383
Hoa
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unspec View Post
Finally tackling the wiring for the active headrest restraints on the retrofitted comfort seats. Wanted to add the wiring for the ambient lighting on the seat backs (seats are from F07) but ran out of plugs from my salvage harness lol.

Also repainting the seat rails, since the paint is chipping and starting to get surface rust. Did you know that ONE of the 4 bolts holding the seat rail to the rest of the seat is LEFT HAND THREAD?! WHY BMW WHY?! My guess is to fuck DIYers who don't have the repair manual and make them strip out the bolt, since the repair manual points out the left hand thread. Luckily, the left hand thread bolts also have a 7mm hex "tail", so I was able to still get it out with no special tools, but fuck if that isn't stupid. For posterity and for those who might take the seat rail off: it's the only bolt that faces outside, don't fuck it up like I did.
Yea, I found out the hard way. I broke one of my torx bit trying to swap seat rails a few months back 😓. BMW could be evil sometime. I don't see any reason why it need to be reverse threaded.
Appreciate 0